Burnout – A Personal Journey
When you’ve experienced a burn-out, you will know. It’s not a fleeting feeling or a condition that can be remedied with a good night’s sleep – it’s a life-changing event.
It takes years to unconsciously develop the conditions that give rise to a burn-out, and it doesn’t get solved overnight. But it can be prevented by simply knowing what causes it.
This short, personal account of burnout will hopefully get you to realize what is at stake, and how the event creeps up on you. It asks questions such as:
- What were the actual causes of the burn-out?
- Could I have recognized and prevented it?
- What was the impact on the people closest to me?
- What could they have done?
- How can I make sure it doesn’t happen again?
- What did I learn about myself?
- How resilient am I, and what does that actually mean?
The BLOG series is available for Kindle at Amazon, or if you send us an email we will send you a pdf version free of charge. Your email address will be used for this purpose only. Our only aim is to make the blog series accessible.